Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kele Interview

Yesterday, I interviewed Kele Okereke for a piece being featured in Big Shot Magazine. The interview took place at Mon Petite Cafe in NYC. I got there super early (my interview was at noon, I got there at 11) and ran into former MTV newscastor John Norris who was interviewing Kele on camera for a feature in Norris's new website project, NoiseVox. Kele arrived around 11:30. After Norris finished up with him, I had a whole hour to talk with him about his new record, The Boxer, out June 22nd. Prone to stuttering, and a very low talker, I was concerned if the tape recorder was getting everything he was saying, especially in a noisy restaurant. I haven't yet taken on the task of transcribing the type into text but I imagine it will be a bit of a challenge. Both he and his publicist were very nice and they invited me to a listening party that took place that evening. After playing the album twice, Kele came out and DJed for an hour or so. Look for the full story in the next issue of Big Shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment