Monday, March 8, 2010

RIP Mark Linkous

I can't say I've listened to as much Sparklehorse as I had always intended. They were a band I knew I would get around to really delving into as I liked everything I had heard by them that was recommended to me. Now whenever I do, it will unfortunately carry the weight of the band's mastermind, Mark Linkous's death with it. A friend of mine had made a mix tape some time ago that had "Someday I Will Treat You Good" on it that I always enjoyed. An uplifting, optimistic song, the song was part of a compilation he had put together as a sort of pump up for a new beginning in his life. Perhaps Linkous shared this sentiment at one point, but the song is from their first record, and it would appear a lot has changed since then. The rest of his career I've admired from a far from what I would hear here and there. I wish I could say more on the subject but I'll just leave it at that. Here's the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment