Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Pains Of Being Pure At Heart Song/Video

I've recently been pulled in by the Brooklyn band, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart. While I enjoyed the Psychocandy-esque songs I heard on their eponymous debut, the memory quickly faded and I never went on to actually picking up the album. Having heard two newer songs by them recently, my interest has been renewed. The first here is their latest video for the title track of their semi-recent EP, Higher Than The Stars (2009). The song is an absolutely delicious synth pop stroodle (a song that would have fit nicely on The Cure's The Head On The Door). Likewise, they have a new song called "Lost Saint", which is a guaranteed summer staple.

Here is the video for "Higher Than The Stars". "Lost Saint" is linked above via Drowned In Sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment