Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am very pleased that The Suburbs by Arcade Fire has hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Because I work at a record store that gets in their new releases early, I picked it up last Monday. I'm sure all readers of this blog have heard it by now, so you don't need to hear from me how great it is. If you're still skeptical of it's length, grand concept, or of just Arcade Fire in general, here's a deeper cut from the record to get a better assessment.

Although my favorite song on the album is the single and title track, "The Suburbs", here is the lovely RĂ©gine Chassagne sung "Sprawl II (Mountains Over Mountains)", the penultimate track the finds the band exploring the whimsy side of childhood into adulthood. Musically, it's arguably the most synthy the band has gotten, but it still retains their anthemic qualities while eskewing their folkier side. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment