Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Acquaintances On A Train

I ran into an old classmate of mine from high school on the train today. I felt bad, because he seemed to have more of a recollection me then I had of him, as when I mentioned that I work at a record store, he said, "that makes sense", meanwhile I couldn't even remember his name. It was nice though sitting and talking with him for ten minutes as I feel like I regained a friend I never actually had in the first place. It was also interesting because when we were recalling the last time we had seen each other, at a wake for a mutual friend, he mentioned that it was on this occasion that I got him into The Avalanches.

Odd subject matter for a service I know; I personally couldn't remember talking about the Australian samplers at all, but apparently I must have done my usual gush routine I do whenever anyone mentions Since I Left You. He said he is now a huge fan of that record because of whatever I had told him about it. It's not something to completely fall all over yourself over, but it's pleasant to know you helped spread good music to someone who otherwise would not have looked for it. Maybe I should have told him about this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment