Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday Playlist

I was raised Roman Catholic. If you asked me if I am a religious person, I really wouldn't be able to give you a straight answer. Regardless of my own personal opinion of the Catholic Church and Catholicism, the story of Jesus Christ is a seminal part of my upbringing, so it naturally crosses over into the music I listen to. First and foremost, I hate Christian Rock as a genre. It's pretty much inherently awful. That being said, there's plenty of music that references the New Testament that is great. Here is a playlist to pump you up for a live interpretation of the Stations of the Cross at your local church. Note: in addition to this playlist, a spin of the original cast recording of Jesus Christ Superstar goes without saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment