Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blur Documentary?

This previous Fall, a gorgeous trailer appeared for a documentary about the endlessly underrated Britpop powerhouse, Blur. Titled No Distance Left To Run, after one of the band's most soul searching numbers, the trailer climaxes with a movie set of slow motion clips of the band's recent reunion tour, set to their monumental torch song, "The Universal". See below:


Beautiful right? I kept a watchful eye on my local independent cinema, but it unfortunatley didn't come to the US at all (at least nowhere near where I live). When I had read that a DVD of it would see release in mid February, complete with a second disc showcasing the entirety of their Hyde Park concert, I was relieved.  Sure, it's a documentary of a British band. Let the Brits have it in the theaters, I can wait an extra month for a home viewing. I mean they sell DVDs everywhere.

Well, it's late February. Where the hell is it?? Does this band still hold such a grudge against America for siding with Oasis, that it won't even consider the legions of fans they still have here? If you or anyone you know have any information on this movie and how to obtain it, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment